From: Alessandro Barbieri <lssndrbarbieri@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nodejs overlay
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 09:26:47
1 Il Lun 1 Feb 2021, 00:20 Aisha Tammy <gentoo.user@×××××.cc> ha scritto:
2
3 > On 1/31/21 8:49 AM, Alessandro Barbieri wrote:
4 > > I'm trying to package nodejs software and I made an overlay for it here
5 > > https://github.com/Alessandro-Barbieri/node-overlay <
6 > https://github.com/Alessandro-Barbieri/node-overlay>
7 > > Could you try it and send feedback?
10 > I have to confess, I don't like nodejs a lot.
11 > But don't node packages have a very strict version dependency?
12 > Does this handle version conflicts?
13 >
14 > X needs >=A-1.2 and <=A-1.3
15 > Y needs >=A-1.5
16 >
17 > How would this be solved here? Isn't it for this reason that
18 > package installs are to a local folder for each application?
19 >
20 > I don't know if going to global installs is the best idea.
21 > But I'm willing to be enlightened and proven wrong :)
22 >
23 > Best,
24 > Aisha
27 This will sound crazy but I'm completely ignoring version requirements
28 (even for major versions because I don't know how to slot without becoming
29 mad). Some packages will require patching to work. I'll see how it goes
30 this way, I have nothing to lose, at least I have tried