From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Travelling in Greece, need advice
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:51:49
1 On Wednesday 06 July 2005 22:54, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
2 > On Jul 6, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 06 July 2005 17:18, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
4 > >> Nope, no digging. Phone lines terminate in handy little boxes on the
5 > >> side of the houses. Cable modem lines have little termination
6 > >> pedestals on the street and single cable going into the building
7 > >
8 > > yes digging ;)
9 > >
10 > > These boxes are only on old buidlings, where nobody cares, but I
11 > > don't know
12 > > any building built in the last 20 years, where you have this boxes
13 > > outside at
14 > > the walls.
15 >
16 > Most single family homes in the US have a phone access box on the
17 > outside of the house. Especially new construction.
20 glad, that I am not living there ;)
21
22 Where I live, almost all houses have no boxes outside anymore, and thus makes
23 digging a requirement, or to look for the right manhole and find the right
24 cable ;)
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list