From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is anyone here using RTL8192CU wifi device in Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:34:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I recently bought a USB wifi adapter with RTL8192CU chipset. Drivers
4 are available from Realtek's website, and are updated regularly (last
5 month), but are not in the mainline Linux kernel or in the portage
6 tree.
7
8 Compiling and installing the drivers is not a problem, but every time
9 I insert the USB adapter my computer freezes and no amount of
10 magic-SysRq can get me out of it. I tried on 2 different Gentoo
11 machines with the same result.
12
13 The adapter works (poorly...) on a Windows XP machine, so I know the
14 hardware is functional.
15
16 Does anyone else here use these drivers?