From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What Firefox (what browser) for Online-Banking?
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 18:08:13
1 Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> [17-01-07 19:00]:
2 > On 2017-01-07 17:36, wabe wrote:
3 >
4 > > I think a dedicated (virtual) machine for online banking is
5 > > much more important than the use of a specific browser.
6 >
7 > This sounds like a very good idea, but are there unintended
8 > consequences? For example, where do you keep the password?
9 >
10 > BTW, does your bank block Tor? Mine does :-( Otherwise I'd
11 > probably use Tails for this purpose.
12 >
13 > --
14 > Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
15 > Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
16 > Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html
19 Password are only safe in your head and probably noted
20 -- free of any banking context -- in an total different
21 context which only you understand and are able to
22 decipher but FOR SURE NOT ON ANY COMPUTER (IIIIEEEEEEKKKKKS!).
23
24 Tor is anonymous but everything else than safe!!!
25 An attacker only needs your transaction data and not
26 ypur name. For that Tor definetly NOT the way to go!
27
28 What browser is most recommended for banking purposes?
29 Internet Explorer?
30 (this is pure sarkasm)
31
32 Cheers