From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Online-Banking? [Was: What Firefox (what browser) for]
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 19:00:31
1 On 2017-01-07 19:07, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > Password are only safe in your head and probably noted
4 > -- free of any banking context -- in an total different
5 > context which only you understand and are able to
6 > decipher
7
8 I have way too many of them for this to work.
9
10 Just for financial stuff, 3 "strong" passwords. Dozens for other
11 important stuff.
12
13 I don't want to use the Mozilla password manager because it wants to
14 Sync everything so hard [:-)]. My current solution is app-admin/pass,
15 but that means at least GnuPG and my keyring must be available, plus git
16 and a persistent writable location if I want to update it easily.
17
18 Hmm. This is true for the USB stick approach, but maybe not for the VM
19 approach - with a VM I could just use pass on the host. Time to rethink
20 my resisance to VMs, maybe.
21
22 > Tor is anonymous but everything else than safe!!!
23 > An attacker only needs your transaction data and not
24 > ypur name. For that Tor definetly NOT the way to go!
25
26 You're probably right about this.
29 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
30 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
31 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html