From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: audio with TV crd [solved]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:59:33
1 On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:11:50 +0100
2 Uwe Thiem wrote:
3
4 > On 25 July 2006 01:37, Nick Rout wrote:
5 >
6 > Audio is now working with PVR-150. Thanks, Nick, for all your input.
7 >
8 > Problem is, I don't know why and I hate it when magic is part of IT. ;-)
9 >
10 > The whole difference between yesterday and today is that I tried to compile
11 > the new kernel 2.6.17-gentoo-r4 (as compared to r3). That compilation failed.
12 > Since I hadn't time to investigate, I just left it like that. Nothing
13 > installed, no reboot, noting. All of a sudden audio is coming out of that
14 > bugger at a decent volume. :-(
15 >
16 > Audio quality is still poor, high noise level and it doesn't sound like 50Hz
17 > noise. So maybe, it's that VCR - have to check that by plugging the VCR
18 > directly into a TV.
19 >
20 > Anyway, forward to the next step of creating a video DVD from that MPEG2
21 > stream!
22 >
23 > Uwe
24
25 There is a current "scratchy" noise problem with PVR-150 drivers.
26
27 AFTER you have started playing/recording the stream execute
28
29 ivtvctl -qX
30
31 where X is the audio input you are using. This fixes it for me and a
32 number of other mythtv users. Some have even set up a cron script to
33 execute that command every 10 seconds.
34
35 To get as close as possible to a DVD compatible stream use
36
37 ivtvctl -c stream_type=X where X is the stream type you want from :
38
39 /* Stream types */
40 #define IVTV_STREAM_PS 0
41 #define IVTV_STREAM_TS 1
42 #define IVTV_STREAM_MPEG1 2
43 #define IVTV_STREAM_PES_AV 3
44 #define IVTV_STREAM_PES_V 5
45 #define IVTV_STREAM_PES_A 7
46 #define IVTV_STREAM_DVD 10
47 #define IVTV_STREAM_VCD 11
48 #define IVTV_STREAM_SVCD 12
49 #define IVTV_STREAM_DVD_S1 13
50 #define IVTV_STREAM_DVD_S2 14
51
52 I cannot for the life of me remember whether you want 10,13 or 14.
57 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
60 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list