From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: audio with TV crd [solved]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:19:36
1 On 25 July 2006 01:37, Nick Rout wrote:
2
3 Audio is now working with PVR-150. Thanks, Nick, for all your input.
4
5 Problem is, I don't know why and I hate it when magic is part of IT. ;-)
6
7 The whole difference between yesterday and today is that I tried to compile
8 the new kernel 2.6.17-gentoo-r4 (as compared to r3). That compilation failed.
9 Since I hadn't time to investigate, I just left it like that. Nothing
10 installed, no reboot, noting. All of a sudden audio is coming out of that
11 bugger at a decent volume. :-(
12
13 Audio quality is still poor, high noise level and it doesn't sound like 50Hz
14 noise. So maybe, it's that VCR - have to check that by plugging the VCR
15 directly into a TV.
16
17 Anyway, forward to the next step of creating a video DVD from that MPEG2
18 stream!
19
20 Uwe
23 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
24 http://www.SysEx.com.na
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list