From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: audio with TV crd
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:46:50
1 On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:43:05 +0100
2 Uwe Thiem wrote:
3
4 > On 24 July 2006 12:30, Nick Rout wrote:
5 >
6 > > The guy on the mythtv list thought his was OK too until someone else
7 > > spotted the error - I'm not saying you cannot read a log file, but y'know
8 > > it happens to the best of us :-(
9 >
10 > Alright, here is my log:
11 >
12 > ivtv: ==================== START INIT IVTV ====================
13 > ivtv: version 0.7.0 (tagged release) loading
14 > ivtv: Linux version: 2.6.17-gentoo-r3 SMP preempt mod_unload PENTIUM4
15 Very recent ivtv, more so than mine. the website says it is only for 2.6.17, but you seem to fit the criteria.
16
17 Looking at the ivtv website did say this:
18 http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Troubleshooting
19
20 "Use the recommended firmware
21
22 * In particular, if you are experiencing sound problems then first
23 make sure you are using the correct audio firmware. It is a known
24 problem with older versions that the audio standard is detected but
25 remains muted. It seems to be fixed with the latest firmware. "
26
27 How you tell whether the firmware you have is "correct" ? There are some checksums here:
28
29 http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Firmware#Firmware_Checksums
30
31 (Although I just checked mine, they do not match whats on the website,
32 but they work fine??)
35 [snip]
36 > >
37 > > As far as i recall you have been trying so far with composite/line in. Is
38 > > it worth trying the tuner?
39 >
40 > Well, I am not interested in watching TV. Even if the tuner works that doesn't
41 > necessarily mean that the hardware dealing with composite and Line IN is
42 > working properly.
43 >
44 > I may give it a try later but I don't even have an arial because I never watch
45 > TV. ;-)
48 It was only a suggestion to eliminate the possibilty of the cable or
49 plugs being faulty.
50
51 > > > Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
52 > >
53 > > I love that quote!
54 >
55 > When I read it, I almost instantaneously fell in love with it. ;-)
56 >
57 > Uwe
60 Of course most people these days don't even know what a declension is!
64 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
67 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list