From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE slow / console-kit-daemon POLKIT_IS_AUTHORITY failed
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:27:55
1 On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:11:06 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > Edit: Dropping KDE may not make much difference, I still get these
4 > messages when booting without X.
5
6 This got me wondering. If I get the messages when booting to a console
7 login prompt, it can't be anything to do with X or my user. The file is
8 group owned by messagebus and checking /etc/passwd and /etc/group
9 revealed inconsistencies. So I removed the messagebus entries from both
10 file and ran "emerge -1 --noconfmem dbus dbus-glib" and rebooted.
11
12 So far, no more of those messages. Thanks to Helmut for raising the topic
13 again and thanks to Samuli for giving me the kick up the jacksie I needed
14 to search for a proper solution to replace the ugly hack.
15
16 I'm hours behind in my work now, but I am happy(er) :)
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 C:\DOS\SYSTEM\OS2\UTILITIES\DOCS\HELP\WHERE\THE\F$#%\AM\I???