From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE slow / console-kit-daemon POLKIT_IS_AUTHORITY failed
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 20:23:38
1 On Friday 17 Jan 2014 13:27:36 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:11:06 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > Edit: Dropping KDE may not make much difference, I still get these
4 > > messages when booting without X.
5 >
6 > This got me wondering. If I get the messages when booting to a console
7 > login prompt, it can't be anything to do with X or my user. The file is
8 > group owned by messagebus and checking /etc/passwd and /etc/group
9 > revealed inconsistencies. So I removed the messagebus entries from both
10 > file and ran "emerge -1 --noconfmem dbus dbus-glib" and rebooted.
11 >
12 > So far, no more of those messages. Thanks to Helmut for raising the topic
13 > again and thanks to Samuli for giving me the kick up the jacksie I needed
14 > to search for a proper solution to replace the ugly hack.
15 >
16 > I'm hours behind in my work now, but I am happy(er) :)
17
18 This thread confused me. I have this in my system and I have not changed the
19 permissions from when it was installed:
20
21 ls -la /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
22 -rws--x--- 1 root messagebus 322984 Jun 22 2013 /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-
23 launch-helper
24
25 Is the suid bit dangerous and if so what is the alternative? Should there be
26 a bug filed on it?
29 Regards,
30 Mick