From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TUSB3410 on 3.0.6 kernel
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 23:22:13
1 Érico Porto wrote:
2 > so now the module is loadable through modprobe, it all makes with no
3 > errors.
4 >
5 > It's probably out of this topic, but shouldn't I see a ttyUSB or
6 > something like that in my /dev/ ?
7 >
8 > I tried using
9 >
10 > modprobe ti_usb_3410_5052 product=0451 vendor f432
11 >
12 > I just wanted to read the virtual usb serial out of a Texas launchpad
13 > board. This board uses the TUSB3410 chip. I'm asking about this in the
14 > texas forums too, just was surprised to see so many fast answers.
15 >
16 > Érico V. Porto
19 I would think udev would create the device when it is connected or you
20 boot up, whichever comes first. I have no knowledge on the device you
21 are using but do on the kernel part. If you load the module, udev
22 should then see the device and create the file in /dev. That's the
23 theory anyway. You can use udevadm monitor to see if udev sees it as it
24 should. You can also tail -f /var/log/messages to see what happens when
25 you connect it or look in dmesg. One or more of those should tell you
26 what is not working.
27
28 Dale
29