From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Print to cups printer from Windows - any good instructions?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 02:48:14
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> You ever thought of using webmin? I think webmin will help set this
5 >> up. Just a thought.
6 >>
7 >> Dale
8 >>
9 >> :-) :-)
12 > Honestly, there was nothing webmin was really going to do for me.
13 > There were two lines to be uncommented in the /etc/cups/mimes files.
14 > After that everything else was done on the Windows computers to get
15 > this to work. I honestly didn't have to change much to get Windows
16 > working. It was more finding out what driver to use on Windows so that
17 > it would just talk to cups and then understand the format of the
18 > address for the Windows printer setup.
19 >
20 > I've now tested my Vista machine. It works fine and Vista actually had
21 > an HP driver for this printer so I used that driver since the Adobe
22 > postscript driver doesn't install on Vista. From Vista I can print in
23 > color on the cups printer. On the XP machine using the generic
24 > postscript driver I get black & white.
25 >
26 > - Mark
31 I know I had webmin installed for a long time but rarely used it. I
32 just couldn't remember if I used it for setting up printing from windoze
33 or not.
34
35 At least you got it working. That's what matters.
36
37 Dale
38