From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Webmin Question - was Print to cups printer from Windows?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:47:06
1 On Wednesday 17 December 2008, Dale wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3
4 > I know I had webmin installed for a long time but rarely used it. I
5 > just couldn't remember if I used it for setting up printing from windoze
6 > or not.
7
8 A friend is running webmin on a server and it makes setting up some services
9 (like CUPS) easier to visualise/understand. However, the login into webmin
10 is set up with the root passwd. This on an Internet facing port is making me
11 nervous, but he is sooo attached to GUI solutions I cannot convince him that
12 ssh is all he needs. Is there a way to only allow logins as a plain user and
13 then elevate privileges to root (just like you would su on the CLI
14 sort-of-thing)?
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick