From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nepomuk gone, baloo enters
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 13:50:04
1 2015-08-21 10:31 GMT-03:00 J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>:
2
3 > On Friday, August 21, 2015 10:06:15 AM Francisco Ares wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > In fact, I can only suppose there's something related to changing from
7 > > nepomuk to baloo:
8 > >
9 > > Now, every time I log in, a window pops up asking for root password. The
10 > > window title is "PolicyKit - KDE" and pressing the button "Details", it
11 > > shows:
12 > >
13 > > Action: Folder Watch Limit
14 > > polkit.subject-pid: 5254
15 > > polkit.caller-pid: 6699
16 > >
17 > > Looking for those PIDs:
18 > >
19 > > ~ $ ps -A | grep 5254
20 > > 5254 ? 00:00:07 baloo_file
21 > >
22 > > and PID 6699 doesn't show up any more, probably the process has already
23 > > ended.
24 > >
25 > > Did I miss something? How do I set up Baloo? Looking on the net, I only
26 > > found how to set up a file ~/.kde4/share/config/nepomukserverrc (that was
27 > > nonexistent, which seemed strange), is there something else regarding the
28 > > database it might be willing to use?
31 > Nepomuk, and now Baloo, want to open file-watchers on your system to get
32 > change-notifications directly from the kernel (filesystem driver), instead
33 > of
34 > polling the filesystem.
35 > This is actually better, performance wise.
36 >
37 > To avoid these message, I created the following file a long time ago:
38 >
39 > % cat /etc/sysctl.d/97-kde-nepomuk-filewatch-inotify.conf
40 > fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 65536
41 >
42 > Guess I will need to change the name of that file now :)
43 >
44 > Kind regards,
45 >
46 > Joost