From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nepomuk gone, baloo enters
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 13:31:16
1 On Friday, August 21, 2015 10:06:15 AM Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > In fact, I can only suppose there's something related to changing from
5 > nepomuk to baloo:
6 >
7 > Now, every time I log in, a window pops up asking for root password. The
8 > window title is "PolicyKit - KDE" and pressing the button "Details", it
9 > shows:
10 >
11 > Action: Folder Watch Limit
12 > polkit.subject-pid: 5254
13 > polkit.caller-pid: 6699
14 >
15 > Looking for those PIDs:
16 >
17 > ~ $ ps -A | grep 5254
18 > 5254 ? 00:00:07 baloo_file
19 >
20 > and PID 6699 doesn't show up any more, probably the process has already
21 > ended.
22 >
23 > Did I miss something? How do I set up Baloo? Looking on the net, I only
24 > found how to set up a file ~/.kde4/share/config/nepomukserverrc (that was
25 > nonexistent, which seemed strange), is there something else regarding the
26 > database it might be willing to use?
29 Nepomuk, and now Baloo, want to open file-watchers on your system to get
30 change-notifications directly from the kernel (filesystem driver), instead of
31 polling the filesystem.
32 This is actually better, performance wise.
33
34 To avoid these message, I created the following file a long time ago:
35
36 % cat /etc/sysctl.d/97-kde-nepomuk-filewatch-inotify.conf
37 fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 65536
38
39 Guess I will need to change the name of that file now :)
40
41 Kind regards,
42
43 Joost