From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preventing a package from being updated
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:22:33
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 02:26 on Monday 25 October 2010, Allan
2 Gottlieb did opine thusly:
3
4 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
5 > > Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you :-)
6 > >
7 > > Or in this case, it doesn't mean it's not justified. I now have buildpkg
8 > > enabled for @system - everything else I can re-run emerge to fix.
9 >
10 > Does this mean for portage -2.1.9.22 you advocate
11 > FEATURES="buildsyspkg"
12 > in make.conf?
13 >
14 > If so is that the correct line or do we need
15 > FEATURES="buildsyspkg sandbox"
16 >
17 > I find the man page wording a little unclear and its warning about an
18 > error serious.
21 You're adding extra stuff into the mix and confusing the issue. Forget about
22 sandbox in the context of this thread, just take whatever you have in FEATURES
23 and add buildsyspkg to it. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com