From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preventing a package from being updated
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:48:13
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Apparently, though unproven, at 02:26 on Monday 25 October 2010, Allan
4 > Gottlieb did opine thusly:
5 >
6 >> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
7 >> > Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you :-)
8 >> >
9 >> > Or in this case, it doesn't mean it's not justified. I now have buildpkg
10 >> > enabled for @system - everything else I can re-run emerge to fix.
11 >>
12 >> Does this mean for portage -2.1.9.22 you advocate
13 >> FEATURES="buildsyspkg"
14 >> in make.conf?
15 >>
16 >> If so is that the correct line or do we need
17 >> FEATURES="buildsyspkg sandbox"
18 >>
19 >> I find the man page wording a little unclear and its warning about an
20 >> error serious.
23 > You're adding extra stuff into the mix and confusing the issue. Forget about
24 > sandbox in the context of this thread, just take whatever you have in FEATURES
25 > and add buildsyspkg to it. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.
26
27 OK. Since currently it is empty, I just need
28 FEATURES=" buildsyspackage"
29 i.e, I do NOT need to include sandbox.
30
31 Yes?
32 allan