From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which filesystem for a notebook?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:43:11
1 On Tuesday 09 August 2005 20:46, Christian Parpart wrote:
2
3 > However, I once have (accidently!) thrown down one harddrive of mine from
4 > within 60cm distance down while moving to a new tower/rac; I were nearly
5 > crying about, but before, I quickly invoked fsck.xfs on my LVM (which this
6 > disk is part of) and *really* got confused.
7 > fsck.xfs is really a no-op. I couldn't figure out yet why. I can now just
8 > pray that everything seems to go just well (as it does till now ;)
9
10 hm, some harddisks tell you in their smart-data, if the shock was over a
11 certain safety threshold. Maybe you should use your copy of smartmontools and
12 copy your data onto a different disk ;)
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list