From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sharing access to my laptop
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:45:21
1 > > My girlfriend's laptop's internal wireless card doesn't seem to
2 > > compatible with WPA and I don't want to use WEP on my Gentoo router.
3 > > This leaves me with the options of either getting her to buy a new
4 > > wireless card or sharing my laptop. She has a user account on my
5 > > laptop and I use gdm so it's easy for her to log in, but is there
6 > > anything that can be done about the situation where I'm logged in and
7 > > away, xscreensaver has locked the screen, and she wants to log into
8 > > her account and use the system?
11 > er... click "New Login" as it's presented at the xscreensaver prompt?
12
13 So you see that button on the locked screen after compiling with
14 new-login without any further configuration? I've compiled 4.24 and
15 5.00 with new-login and I don't see anything like that on the locked
16 screen.
17
18 - Grant
19 --