From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sharing access to my laptop
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:21:50
1 On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 11:09 -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > My girlfriend's laptop's internal wireless card doesn't seem to
3 > compatible with WPA and I don't want to use WEP on my Gentoo router.
4 > This leaves me with the options of either getting her to buy a new
5 > wireless card or sharing my laptop. She has a user account on my
6 > laptop and I use gdm so it's easy for her to log in, but is there
7 > anything that can be done about the situation where I'm logged in and
8 > away, xscreensaver has locked the screen, and she wants to log into
9 > her account and use the system?
12 er... click "New Login" as it's presented at the xscreensaver prompt?
13
14 > - Grant
15 --
16 Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>