From: Justin R Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sharing access to my laptop
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:47:12
1 On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 12:12:56PM -0700, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 >
3 > er... click "New Login" as it's presented at the xscreensaver prompt?
4
5 I believe the newlogin feature was just introduced in xscreensaver-5.00
6 which came out just recently. Be sure to enable the new-login USE flag
7 in /etc/portage/package.use for x11-misc/xscreensaver.
8
9 Alternatively, gnome+gdm has a "New Login" feature which is buried
10 somewhere in the gnome menu somewhere. The problem with the "New Login"
11 thing is that it doesn't seem to be very well thought out yet. You have
12 to be logged in as another user to be able to access it and when user #2
13 is done and logs out, user #1's screen is locked no matter what what
14 user #1's preferences are. The KDE situation is about the same, but I
15 think the WindowsXP model is the best: have the GDM screen always
16 running on VT7 and have it spawn new user desktops on VT8+ as needed, so
17 when all the user desktops are locked the new user can always get to GDM
18 and login. Or maybe you just bring up GDM when the other desktops are
19 all locked.
22 Justin
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list