From: James Hiscock <boxroot@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix and no worthy mechs found
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 05:02:27
1 > warning: SASL authentication failure: No worthy mechs found
2 > Authentication failed: cannot SASL authenticate to server
3 > smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com[68.142.229.41]: no mechanism available
4
5 This seems to imply that the problem's with SASL, and not postfix.
6
7 > I've edited main.cf and added the following:
8 >
9 > smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
10 > smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/saslpass
11 > smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = plain, login
12 > smtp_sasl_security_options =
13 >
14 > I've updated my password file "saslpass" to contain :
15 > [smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com] login:password
16 >
17 > and ran postmap hash:/etc/postfix/saslpass
18 >
19 > And I've run postfix reload... Oh, I also crossed my fingers that didn't
20 > seem to help either :-)
21
22 That all looks correct to me...
23
24 > Is SASL able to log into an smtp server like outlook does to send email?
25
26 Yes, and you're headed in the right direction.
27
28 > Or is there another solution I need to pursue?
29
30 Nope - but I'd be looking at SASL at this point... I seem to recall it
31 being a pain in the arse to set this up, though... but it's been at
32 least a year since I've looked at it.
33
34 > Thank you for your help
35
36 <shrug> Dunno if _I_ was much help, but maybe someone else'll chime
37 in, too - they usually do. ;)
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list