From: Sean Lester <SFLester@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Postfix and no worthy mechs found
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 03:49:23
1 Greetings,
2 I am "lucky" enough to have an ISP that blocks outbound port 25
3 traffic. Fortunately, inbound is wide open. However, I am not able to
4 configure Postfix 2.1.5 to successfully use my ISP mail server as a
5 relayhost. I get a reply in my logs that states:
6
7 warning: SASL authentication failure: No worthy mechs found
8 Authentication failed: cannot SASL authenticate to server
9 smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com[68.142.229.41]: no mechanism available
12 I've edited main.cf and added the following:
13
14 smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
15 smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/saslpass
16 smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = plain, login
17 smtp_sasl_security_options =
18
19 I've updated my password file "saslpass" to contain :
20 [smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com] login:password
21
22 and ran postmap hash:/etc/postfix/saslpass
23
24 And I've run postfix reload... Oh, I also crossed my fingers that didn't
25 seem to help either :-)
26
27 Is SASL able to log into an smtp server like outlook does to send email?
28 Or is there another solution I need to pursue? The good news is that
29 inbound mail works great!
30
31 Thank you for your help
32