From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about gentoo-sources kernel release versions
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 17:18:57
1 On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 10:23 PM Matt Connell <matthewdconnell@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2020-02-06 11:40, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
4 > > 5.4 has just become the newest LTS.
5 >
6 > I see that now. But my original question still stands as to why the
7 > stable version of gentoo-sources is consistently a few versions behind
8 > the latest LTS release.
9
10 Typically, Gentoo maintainers leave new versions in ~arch for some
11 time so they can be tested by a broad set of people. Stabilization
12 bugs are normally not filed until a given version has spent at least
13 30 days in ~arch.
14
15 See GLEP 40 for details on this process.
16
17 https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0040.html