From: Franz Fellner <alpine.art.de@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about gentoo-sources kernel release versions
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 17:56:53
1 That doesn't apply to the kernel.
2 4.19.97 got tagged on January 17.
3 January 18. it was stable on amd64 and x86 - one day instead of 30.
4 Here is the stabilization request: https://bugs.gentoo.org/705006
5 There were some issues and changes to the targeted versions.
8 Am Fr., 7. Feb. 2020 um 19:18 Uhr schrieb Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>:
9
10 > On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 10:23 PM Matt Connell <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
11 > wrote:
12 > >
13 > > On 2020-02-06 11:40, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
14 > > > 5.4 has just become the newest LTS.
15 > >
16 > > I see that now. But my original question still stands as to why the
17 > > stable version of gentoo-sources is consistently a few versions behind
18 > > the latest LTS release.
19 >
20 > Typically, Gentoo maintainers leave new versions in ~arch for some
21 > time so they can be tested by a broad set of people. Stabilization
22 > bugs are normally not filed until a given version has spent at least
23 > 30 days in ~arch.
24 >
25 > See GLEP 40 for details on this process.
26 >
27 > https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0040.html