From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: bluez 5 not connecting
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 17:06:47
1 William Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
4 > The bluez-5 stack is causing me some problems.
5 > What am I missing/misunderstanding?
6
7 These wireless protocols, have many versions (variants) and
8 nuances via the prticular hardware that is used. Some light
9 reading might better postion you?
12 https://www.usenix.org/legacy/event/woot07/tech/full_papers/
13 spill/spill_html/index.html
14
15 http://www.ti.com/tool/packet-sniffer
16
17 net-wireless/bluez-hcidump (never tried this one)
20 I would think that there should be some open-source Bluetooth packet
21 sniffers that may help diagnose the problem.
22
23 I was able to find :
24
25 MAC Address Prefix Manufacturer
26 001103 kawamura electric inc.
29 using the MAC address. Perhaps an email to their tech support
30 descriping your problems might help?
31
32 I suggest you dissect the packets and hardware and look for the issue
33 to your problem. Can you move the BT device to a winblozs box and
34 see if it works? Amplifiers die all the time, particularly if they
35 are overheated or fed noisy power......
36
37 could be hardware or software related..... dissect the pieces,
38
39 HTH,
40 good_hunting!
41 James