From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11-apps/xinit-1.3.4-r2 is broken
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 14:00:48
1 On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > In case anyone else trips over this, as I did today in my routine update,
5 > see https://bugs.gentoo.org/634706. I followed comment 2.
6 >
7 > The symptom is that sddm cannot start KDE, so you have to log in and startx.
10 The bug is a bit noisy, but it isn't clear to me what is actually
11 wrong with /lib/gentoo/functions.sh. I do see that there is a
12 dependency on gentoo-functions which should install it, though it is
13 odd that it is only pulled in for USE=-systemd. Perhaps they need to
14 use an openrc-specific functions.sh. One of the issues is that
15 historically this file was packaged by openrc but wasn't entirely
16 openrc-specific, so we're trying to split out the stuff that applies
17 no matter what service manager you use from the stuff that actually is
18 related to openrc.
21 Rich