From: Kai Peter <kp@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11-apps/xinit-1.3.4-r2 is broken
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 12:54:54
1 On 2017-10-19 16:00, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
4
5 > wrote:
6
7 >> Hello list,
11 >> In case anyone else trips over this, as I did today in my routine
12
13 >> update,
14
15 >> see https://bugs.gentoo.org/634706. I followed comment 2.
19 >> The symptom is that sddm cannot start KDE, so you have to log in and
20
21 >> startx.
27 > The bug is a bit noisy, but it isn't clear to me what is actually
28
29 > wrong with /lib/gentoo/functions.sh. I do see that there is a
30
31 > dependency on gentoo-functions which should install it, though it is
32
33 > odd that it is only pulled in for USE=-systemd. Perhaps they need to
34
35 > use an openrc-specific functions.sh. One of the issues is that
36
37 > historically this file was packaged by openrc but wasn't entirely
38
39 > openrc-specific, so we're trying to split out the stuff that applies
40
41 > no matter what service manager you use from the stuff that actually is
42
43 > related to openrc.
47 I'm really tired of such kind of bugs. IMHO the quality management
48
49 should have to - at least - identify it. Otherwise it shows to me that
50
51 the USE flag feature is going out-of-control once more. Fortunately
52
53 people on the list prevent me to waste my time for such things quite
54
55 often.
59 Call me the bad guy.
65 Sent with eQmail-1.10