From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question of quantum computer
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 03:30:02
1 Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Friday, April 03, 2015 5:05:35 AM wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
4 > > Boricua Siempre <borikua.1978.2@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > Hello
7 > > >
8 > > > I have reading of quantum computing and I want know what operating
9 > > > systems are use in quantum computers. And I read quantum computers
10 > >
11 > > I don't think that (yet) there exists computers that are completely
12 > > based on quantum components. Maybe they have a quantum based
13 > > arithmetic unit but the other components are certainly
14 > > conventional. I don't know what kind of OS is used on such
15 > > machines. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is some kind of BSD or
16 > > Linux (maybe Gentum-OS). ;-)
17 >
18 > And there probably never will. An operating system requires
19 > deterministic behaviour and as I understand it (and I'm not an
20 > expert) quantum computing can only deal with probabilities so a
21 > quantum OS would probably crash :)
22
23 I think that I first misunderstood you. I thought you mean that an OS
24 will crash on a computer that is partially based on quantum components.
25 But now I realized that you probably mean that there will never be a
26 computer that is completely based on quantum technology.
27
28 But if some well known proprietary OS is using quantum technology, it
29 would explain its sometimes unpredictable behavior. ;-)
32 Regards
33 wabe