From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] E17 installation
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 17:35:46
1 I thought Gentoo was supposed to be bleeding edge when it came to all
2 things Linux.
3
4 Why would something like E17, (or any package,) still need to be applied
5 through an overlay after all this time instead of just being in portage?
6 I thought building from scratch was to be the way to put a package
7 together based on what you want, and what is available on your sytem.
8 I understand that some basic needs are required to build a package, but
9 again, I figured working from source would make such things so much more
10 flexible.
11
12 I am not trying to start any type of nasty discussion, it is just a
13 nagging question I have wondered about.
14
15 Thanks
16 Sean