From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail configuration problem
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:18:55
1 Dave Nebinger wrote:
2
3 >> I cat'ed the dead letter file and at the end, the following appears:
4 >>
5 >> send-mail: RCPT TO:<postmaster@localhost> (504 <root@localhost>:
6 >> Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address)
7 >> Can't send mail: sendmail process failed with error code 1
10 > What MTA are you using, Colleen? That will be the first step to
11 > helping you to configure to allow deliveries to localhost.
12
13 I'm using the Gentoo default, ssmtp. I tried to emerge sendmail, but it
14 is blocked by ssmtp. I didn't know if I should go ahead and unmerge
15 ssmtp and emerge sendmail or not. I only really need it for this one
16 function.
17
18 Take care,
19