From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail configuration problem
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:26:56
1 On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 23:09 -0400, C. Beamer wrote:
2 > Dave Nebinger wrote:
3 >
4 > >> I cat'ed the dead letter file and at the end, the following appears:
5 > >>
6 > >> send-mail: RCPT TO:<postmaster@localhost> (504 <root@localhost>:
7 > >> Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address)
8 > >> Can't send mail: sendmail process failed with error code 1
11 > > What MTA are you using, Colleen? That will be the first step to
12 > > helping you to configure to allow deliveries to localhost.
13 >
14 > I'm using the Gentoo default, ssmtp. I tried to emerge sendmail, but it
15 > is blocked by ssmtp. I didn't know if I should go ahead and unmerge
16 > ssmtp and emerge sendmail or not. I only really need it for this one
17 > function.
18 >
19 > Take care,
20 >
21 > Colleen
22 You could stay with ssmtp, just edit the config file (i think
23 it's /etc/ssmtp.conf or something). It doesn't do aliases, but you can
24 set ONE alias for all destination uids under 1000.
25
26 Alternatively, you can unmerge ssmtp and emerge sendmail (or better yet,
27 in my opionion, postfix). ssmtp is just a real simple and basic mta for
28 forwarding to a mail relay host.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list