From: Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Inquiry about gentoo kernel configuration
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 13:39:56
1 Am Sonntag, den 11.07.2021 um 21:17:50 Uhr +0800 schrieb Dongliang Mu <mudongliangabcd@×××××.com>:
2 > [...]
3 > Thanks. There is only a file - *.ebuild file in this package. From the
4 > package, I did not find out what .config file it uses. It seems this
5 > script uses the config file of current system.
6
7 Hi,
8
9 look here: https://github.com/mgorny/gentoo-kernel-config
10
11 In names of gentoo "packages" the -bin suffix indicates that it is a pre-built,
12 binary package, so the maintainers use a configuration, build the kernel
13 and upload everything as a binary package. Portage than installs the binary
14 package when you would call 'emerge --ask gentoo-kernel-bin'.
15
16 Some hints for reading ebuilds and finding stuff:
17
18 The ebuilds are basically bash scripts, and to find functions called inside each
19 ebuild you can search in the eclasses dir in
20 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/eclass
21 while you can find (most) of the eclass names from the line starting with
22 'inherit'.
23
24 To find e.g. the link to the config I used the following workflow. Maybe it'll
25 be of usage for you, too:
26 https://packages.gentoo.org -> gentoo-kernel -> Git repository browser
27 -> choose the package version -> link below:
28 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/sys-kernel/gentoo-kernel/gentoo-kernel-5.12.15.ebuild#n20
29
30 Kind regards,
31 Nils