From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: vixie-cron keeps stopping
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:10:23
1 On 16 Apr 2010, at 18:58, Francesco Talamona wrote:
2 > On Thursday 15 April 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> ...
4 >> You probably don't want to hear this, but:
5 >>
6 >> vixie-cron is problematic in the extreme. I have endless hassle with
7 >> it's weird behaviours.
8 >>
9 >> Use a different cron daemon.
10 >
11 > Your advice is vague :)
12 >
13 > I use app-admin/syslog-ng and I wouldn't change, Alan you too can try
14 > it.
15
16 syslog-ng is a system logger, not a cron daemon.
17
18 I appreciate this is an easy mistake to make, as they are adjacent in
19 the Gentoo installation instructions, and we generally ignore both
20 components when they are working normally.
21
22 Stroller.