From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Razr(Alltel) looking for an interface program
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 13:31:03
1 On 6/1/07, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Mark Shields <laebshade <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 > > I don't have access to a Gentoo box with X installed, so I can't test it
7 > right
8 > now, but some phone providers lock their phones (most notably Verizon and
9 > Cingular). It's possible your phone may be locked from responding to USB
10 > communication. Have you ever used it with the Motorola Phone Tools in
11 > Windows?
14 > I got kmobiletools-0.5.0_beta2 to install; I had to
15 > unmask some files. When I try to
16 > fire it up, it never appears. It is a beta release....
17 > Documentation is also scant on kmobiletools.
18 >
19 > Where do you download the windows software from?
20 >
21 > I should at least get the phone talking under windows
22 > before trying with Gentoo, I guess.....
25 > James
26 >
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
31 Motorola Phone Tools aren't free; normally the software has to be purchased
32 through Motorola[1] or via your phone service provider. You'll also need
33 other software, such as the drivers for the phone [2]. You can get them at
34 the motomodders website [3], which is dedicated to modifying Motorola
35 phones.
36
37 [1]
38 http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/en/US/adirect/motorola?cmd=catDisplayStyle&catKey=600960