From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird build failure ..
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 21:05:28
1 On 01/01/2023 20:08, cal wrote:
2 > FWIW, Thunderbird builds fine with GCC on my machine -- I'm unsure of
3 > your reasons for setting your Portage compiler to clang, but you may
4 > wish to use a package.env override to build Thunderbird with GCC as a
5 > workaround until the problem can be fixed upstream.
6
7 I don't know anything about clang ... it must be the default ...
8
9 I thought part of Firefox/Thunderbird was written in Rust, so I assumed
10 it was built with llvm as a matter of course.
11
12 I'll just wait for it to sort itself out.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol