From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird build failure .. [Gone away]
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 10:01:45
1 On 01/01/2023 21:05, Wol wrote:
2 > On 01/01/2023 20:08, cal wrote:
3 >> FWIW, Thunderbird builds fine with GCC on my machine -- I'm unsure of
4 >> your reasons for setting your Portage compiler to clang, but you may
5 >> wish to use a package.env override to build Thunderbird with GCC as a
6 >> workaround until the problem can be fixed upstream.
7 >
8 > I don't know anything about clang ... it must be the default ...
9 >
10 > I thought part of Firefox/Thunderbird was written in Rust, so I assumed
11 > it was built with llvm as a matter of course.
12 >
13 > I'll just wait for it to sort itself out.
14 >
15 Just to say it's finally sorted itself out without me doing anything,
16 all the while causing random failures in the build chain ie I think
17 Firefox and LLVM all failed along the way ...
18
19 Cheers,
20 Wol