From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I want to play movies without hangs
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 21:20:13
1 On 7 May 2012, at 21:43, Dale wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Also, there was a thread a good while back with this issue and their fix
4 > was to do a emerge -e world with everything optimized for their CPU and
5 > such. May be worth thinking about at least.
6
7 I understood that issue as significantly different - in that case there was stuttering of demanding video with no other i/o occurring. In this case *any* video, even low-res standard-def video, is pausing when i/o load is applied. The previous case is CPU / GPU video decoding performance issue, I think this one is clearly not.
8
9 Stroller.