From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Endlessly growing xorg-session.log
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 09:37:29
1 On Monday, 10 September 2018 09:49:16 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I've been suffering some very odd problems recently, including lost e-mails,
5 > but I've finally found something that could explain them all: disk space
6 > down to zero in /home.
7 >
8 > My ~/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log had grown to 15G!
9
10 Ouch! This is rather large.
11
12 > It was mostly full
13 > of repetitions of this:
14 >
15 > [warn] epoll_wait: Bad file descriptor
16 >
17 > I didn't have the patience to search backwards to find the last entry before
18 > those, so I can't be certain what process was spamming me; I just have to
19 > assume it was sddm, since that's whose directory the log was in.
20 >
21 > Is this common experience? I don't see anything on bgo, and that nice Mr
22 > Google hasn't helped either.
23
24 This file is meant to be recreated each time you login as that particular
25 user. On a buggy desktop here I have 13M and on a quiet desktop I have 0.9M
26 after a couple of hours since login.
29 Regards,
30 Mick