From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck check of /usr on a separate partition fails during boot
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 20:54:28
1 On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:29:12 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > fwiw, fsck here runs automagically at startup whenever the fs is dirty,
4 > and I do not use an initramfs at all. Not sure exactly what code does
5 > this, I assume it's something in OpenRC.
6
7 It is, and the reason it works is that you do not use an initramfs that
8 mounts /usr before openrc gets a look in. If you use an initramfs, that
9 should take care of running fsck when needed.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Puns are bad, but poetry is verse...