From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck check of /usr on a separate partition fails during boot
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 19:34:57
1 On 13/01/2018 21:30, Andrew Barchuk wrote:
2 > Alan, Floyd,
3 >
4 > Thanks for your responses.
5 > Indeed I prefer to not maintain my own initramfs scripts. Right now I
6 > use genkernel initramfs but it seems to not be doing the right thing
7 > regarding /usr partition mounting (as I understand now it's not a
8 > problem with OpenRC fsck service). On the other hand I prefer to not
9 > have to remember to run fsck manually, I'm pretty bad at such things.
10 >
11 > ---
12 > Andrew
15 fwiw, fsck here runs automagically at startup whenever the fs is dirty,
16 and I do not use an initramfs at all. Not sure exactly what code does
17 this, I assume it's something in OpenRC.
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com