From: "Jerônimo Backes" <germanobax@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and OpenOffice keyboard problems
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:14:00
1 Bo Andresen wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 03 May 2006 00:04, Jerônimo Backes wrote:
3 >
4 >> Oh, I forgot to mention: DON'T use UTF-8 with KDE if you need to use
5 >> some special keyboard layouts. Stay with ISO-8859-1 (the default
6 >> encoding). KDE has issues with UTF-8 and certain keboard layouts.
9 > What kind of issues? Admittedly I have not tested KDE throughly but I have
10 > been using KDE with UTF-8 for a few months now and I have experienced no
11 > issues. There are programs that don't understand UTF-8 on my system (e.g.
12 > kompare) but I believe most og my KDE programs do understand UTF-8 (e.g.
13 > kontact, konquerer, konsole..).
16 I mean issues with some keyboard layouts. Try to type some cedillas with
17 a US-keyboard (combining ' and c ) in KDE with UTF-8 to see what you'll get.
21 Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail: 1GB de espaço, alertas de e-mail no celular e anti-spam realmente eficaz.
22 http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list