From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and OpenOffice keyboard problems
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 12:36:50
1 On Wednesday 03 May 2006 00:04, Jerônimo Backes wrote:
2 > Oh, I forgot to mention: DON'T use UTF-8 with KDE if you need to use
3 > some special keyboard layouts. Stay with ISO-8859-1 (the default
4 > encoding). KDE has issues with UTF-8 and certain keboard layouts.
5
6 What kind of issues? Admittedly I have not tested KDE throughly but I have
7 been using KDE with UTF-8 for a few months now and I have experienced no
8 issues. There are programs that don't understand UTF-8 on my system (e.g.
9 kompare) but I believe most og my KDE programs do understand UTF-8 (e.g.
10 kontact, konquerer, konsole..).
13 Bo Andresen