From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: VMware Player won't start
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 04:09:32
1 On Wednesday 27 December 2006 21:16, "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-user] Re: VMware Player won't start':
3 > On 12/27/06, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > VMware player will no longer start for me.
5 > The output of "equery files vmware-modules" shows
6 > modules in /lib/modules/2.6.18-gentoo-r2-kosmanor/misc
7 > but I'm actually booted into the "r4" kernel. This in spite of the
8 > fact that I was
9 > running this kernel when I re-emerged them about an hour ago. How do I
10 > get them to install in the right place?
11
12 Make sure you /usr/src/linux symlink is pointed to the running (and
13 configured) kernel sources, then re-emerge the package that installs the
14 modules.
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh