From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: VMware Player won't start
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 05:54:19
1 On 12/27/06, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 27 December 2006 21:16, "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com>
3 > wrote about '[gentoo-user] Re: VMware Player won't start':
4 > > On 12/27/06, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > > VMware player will no longer start for me.
6 > > The output of "equery files vmware-modules" shows
7 > > modules in /lib/modules/2.6.18-gentoo-r2-kosmanor/misc
8 > > but I'm actually booted into the "r4" kernel. This in spite of the
9 > > fact that I was
10 > > running this kernel when I re-emerged them about an hour ago. How do I
11 > > get them to install in the right place?
12 >
13 > Make sure you /usr/src/linux symlink is pointed to the running (and
14 > configured) kernel sources, then re-emerge the package that installs the
15 > modules.
18 Thank you -- that solved it.
19
20 ++ kevin