From: Andreas Karlsson <hermes@××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] Advice on hardware
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:48:06
1 On Friday 15 July 2005 17.06, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > Any advice?
3
4 I´ll give my 2 cents. Asus is to begin with a (in my experience) very good
5 vendor.
6 Even though you buy a AMD64 now, you are not forced to compile Gentoo for
7 amd64 arcitecture. You could compile it for AthlonXP (x86).
8
9 > PS: Nvidia would be my choice for video, anyone have suggestions?
10
11 I have a Nvidia 6800 (AGP) and is extremly pleased with it. X has never
12 crashed one single time during the last 6 months.
13
14 Best regards,
15 Andreas Karlsson