From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vim-in-pine problem
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 03:42:38
1 On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 12:21:47AM +0100, Penguin Lover Jorge Almeida squawked:
2 > I tried but the problem didn't manifest. Neither did it without screen
3 > (it doesn't manifest always), so it's not conclusive...
4
5 My suspicion is still on ssh over a flaky connection.
6
7 With only two incidents, I don't really see any way of pinpointing the
8 program at fault. For all we know it could be a problem with vim,
9 period, not even involving pine. Or it could be a problem with pine,
10 regarless of which editor you use.
11
12 In any case, if the problem is transcient and not-reproducible, I
13 think you can stop worring about it. But if you know that your ISP is
14 horrible, I would really suggest doing all work in a screen session
15 when working on the remote machine.
16
17 HTH.
18
19 W
20 --
21 Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
22 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 56 days, 21:00
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list