From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD: Video->Yes, Audio-> But actor can be heard speaking!
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:16:35
1 On 09/19/2013 05:36 PM, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 05:08:24PM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de
3 > wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I've got a mysterious (at least to me ;) effect on system: When
7 >> playing DVDs with different players (vlc/mplayer) video and
8 >> audio seem to be ok. With one exception: I only /see/ the actors
9 >> moving their mouths...there his not a single voice audible.
10 >> Background sound and everything else is fine.
11 >>
12 > Sounds like your channel mixing is misconfigured. Unfortunately I
13 > can only give you that pointer, but not how to dereference it. ;-)
14 > The player thinks you have some kind of surround system, so you
15 > only hear two out of x channels.
18 alsamixer (from command line) should show if ALSA is configured for
19 multichannel mode and give the option to change to plain stereo.