From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] Sound not sounding
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 16:16:23
1 On Friday, 25 March 2022 09:31:44 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > I went through Jack's points one by one and answered each of them as I went.
3 > I got almost to the end before finding the answer. Jump straight to the end
4 > if you just want to see the fix, or read on for the detail.
5
6 Hey, not so fast! In fact I have to rm -r ~/.config/pulse && pulseaudio -k
7 after every login.
8
9 Next step. Find out what .config files change at login. I did that with a seven-
10 step procedure which I won't repeat because I've now found that starting the
11 streaming of audio in Firefox kills the audio: I have to reset pulseaudio
12 AFTER starting the audio stream.
13
14 So, is it reboot or Firefox that's making the mess?
17 Regards,
18 Peter.

logout text/plain
login text/plain