From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 5 : missing icons
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 20:11:57
1 160913 P Levine wrote:
2 > 160913 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> I've updated to KDE 5 , incl Gwenview + Oxygen-icons,
4 >> but even after a reboot the icons are not showing on the screen ;
5 >> it also occurs with Kshisen. The problem cb seen at
6 >> http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-gwenview.png
7 > Are you using those programs from within a running KDE 5 environment?
8 > If so, did you set oxygen as the active icon theme in systemsettings?
9
10 No, I'm using Fluxbox to manage my desktop, but want to use KDE apps.
11 I've installed Systemsettings,
12 but 'systemsettings5' offers a rather limited choice
13 -- see http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-ssettings1.png
14 http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-ssettings2.png
15 & setting icon theme to Oxygen makes no difference to Gwenview.
16
17 Thanks so far ; any further suggestions are most welcome.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca